pr32739_[1]_10K Run- PR Lord Mayor

Head Start for Digital Literacy

Participants from last year’s Sandymount 10K Run

This Saturday the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Andrew Montague, will be taking the Camara Challenge by running 10K along Sandymount Strand to give Irish schools in disadvantaged communities a head start in digital literacy.

Camara’s annual 10K Run, now in its third year will raise vital funds to supply 55 Irish schools in need of affordable IT with 1,100 computers and train 300 school teachers in ICT in 2012. Every €5 that is raised will help another child in a disadvantaged area gain access to ICT making it easier for them to reach their employment potential and build a better future.

Camara Education, a charity and social enterprise, works to deliver eLearning opportunities to schools in disadvantaged communities in Ireland, Africa and Jamaica through the re-use of technology.

The run takes place along Sandymount Strand this Saturday, May 26th.  It will commence on the Promenade, Strand Road at 9am sharp with the course stretching around Sean Moore Park and the Irishtown Nature Reserve providing beautiful scenic views of Dublin Bay for entrants. The forecast promises to be a beautiful summers day and along with awards, medals and great prizes for participants it’s set to be a memorable morning for all involved.

The Lord Mayor, a keen supporter of Camara’s work commented, “I am delighted to be joining Camara for the annual Sandymount 10K Run this Saturday. I feel it’s very important that we all do our part in giving children from disadvantaged areas a head start in digital literacy”. While swapping the Lord Mayor’s chain for running shoes, Mayor Montague will also sound the start horn as the official race starter for the event.

He will be joined on the day by Operation Transformation’s Killian Byrne who added ‘Camara’s 10K Run is a great training opportunity for any of the larger runs and by taking part you are helping to deliver eLearning opportunities in under-resourced schools in Ireland. I will be at the front of the start line and hope to be at the front of the finish line!’.

So get involved and help raise vital funds for a great cause. Register now at www.camara.ie

Comments

About

'Head Start for Digital Literacy' have 10 comments

1. June 24, 2016 @ 7:06 am Nisha Locket

Can I start a blog page that has saving of bad customer service?

2. June 25, 2016 @ 5:21 pm Airport Transit

This website is amazing. I will tell about it to my friends and anybody that could be interested in this subject. Great work guys!

3. June 26, 2016 @ 2:33 am mengatasi keputihan

Now i am trying to see how can you prevent the content from being removed on a youtube video due to copyright laws. I really simply want to see what material seeking so that youtube will not take away the content. As with music, should you use music from just like a CD instead of downloading it from like itunes? Can you give me any suggestions?.

4. June 26, 2016 @ 4:03 am obat untuk keputihan

I couldn’t resist commenting. Well written!

5. June 26, 2016 @ 5:09 am cara menyembuhkan keputihan

Is it necessary to get the copyright laws of the game content created individualy just before publication?

6. June 26, 2016 @ 7:05 am how to hack 8 ball pool

What is a blogging site exactly where people provide a lot of quick feedback?

7. June 26, 2016 @ 8:22 am harga lantai kayu

am i able to protect my blog content copyright with no registering it to copyright departmen? make sure you help?

8. June 26, 2016 @ 10:34 am jasa desain rumah

I have always been trying to find a free Dreamweaver alternate and this looks like Kompozer is good. Yet I could not find any feedback with using this program for wordpress templates. I needed to know anybody has tried it and how well it works. Thanks in advance..

9. June 30, 2016 @ 9:54 am hotel yogyakarta

Hey men, I know only a few people use Blogspot anymore, but Now i am trying to then add music to may page. I keep finding actually bad explanations for tips on how to upload music. I’ve currently uploaded my music onto various websites so they may be in WEBSITE format, yet I can’t say for sure where to go following that. Anybody treatment to help?.

10. June 30, 2016 @ 11:04 am wisata yogyakarta

Exactly what are some innovative writing video games to make use of for junior high college students?

Would you like to share your thoughts?

Your email address will not be published.

Images are for demo purposes only and are properties of their respective owners. Old Paper by ThunderThemes.net