By By Chloe O’Keeffe
There’s definitely a massive difference between the so- called ‘culchies’ of the world, and everybody else. This list has been compiled in recognition to the struggles of growing up in the countryside.
1. You’re surrounded by fields. There’s no getting away from them.
2. You’ll never encounter so much wildlife within one vicinity.
3. You then feel a personal attachment to said animals, embracing your inner Dr. Doolittle.
4. Having the dodgiest internet connection ever.
5. All shops and other human interaction is a decent drive away.
6. Your friends loved coming over to spend the day playing on the bales.
7. Trying to explain to people where your house is situated is a gruesome task.
8. You’re within walking distance to at least one farm.
9. Touching the electric fence for ‘the craic’ was a valid reason.
11. You could count your neighbors on one hand.
12. Hanging out the washing during the Summer is risky business due to the farmers spreading.